Kimchi Pork Stew
- Total Time
- 1 hour
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 1.5ish-inch cubes, large runs of fat removed
- 3 cups kimchi, chopped, with liquid
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2½ cups porcini mushroom stock (see note)
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 dashes fish sauce
- ¼ cup gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp gochujang (Korean fermented pepper paste)
- toasted seasme seeds
- sliced green onions
A quick and easy Korean-inspired pork stew in the pressure cooker.
For the stock, I usually just heat some water in my kettle, pour it over a bunch of dried porcini mushrooms, steep them for a bit, and strain the stock. You can let it steep while prepping the rest on the ingredients. Alternately, you can use any vegetable or chicken stock.
- Combine all stew ingredients in the pot of your pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes, then do a natural release for up to 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, topped with sesame seeds and green onion.